Norrona Lofoten Gore-Tex thermo80 Jacket Review
I’ve been using the Norrona Lofoten thermo80 jacket for storm skiing and the colder windier days this winter. I like using an insulated shell as it speeds up transitions and makes for more room in my pack. It’s easy to put on when you stop for a quick break and facilitates staying warm on cold days.
The roomy pockets make it easy to store lots of stuff and com in handy when I am teaching crevasse rescue and glacier travel courses. The meshed pit zips are nice as it keeps snow out when skiing downhill and help keep the jacket’s shape.
The hood has plenty of room for a helmet, but stashes nicely when not in use. The neck closes under the chin and creates a nice seal for downhill travel.
- Weight 920 gr.
- Style no: 1002-21
- Storm hood fitted for freeride helmet with one-hand adjustment
- Napoleon chest pocket with zip
- Hand-warming pockets
- Internal chest pocket
- Inside mesh pocket
- Goggle and sunglass wipe inside pocket
- Key-card pocket
- Underarm zip ventilation
- Stretch cuffs
- Velcro adjustable cuffs
- Adjustable bottom hem
- Body mapped insulation
- GORE-TEX® 2-layerA GORE-TEX® 2-layer fabric is suitable for a wide range of activities. Protected from the inside by a free hanging lining. A GORE-TEX® membrane is laminated to the outer fabric providing a supple, light weight weather protection that is highly breathable, softer and quieter than the general GORE-TEX® 3–layer.Technical specification: Waterproof (water column): min. 20,000 mm*Read more
- PrimaLoft® Silver Insulation Bio™PrimaLoft® is a patented microfiber, that gives great thermal insulation to help the body maintain its temperature, minimizing energy loss. Extremely light, water repellent, soft and compressible, and originally developed by the US Army to replace natural down. As down absorbs moisture, it becomes wet and loses its thermal-insulating abilities.
PrimaLoft® Bio™, the first-ever biodegradable*, 100% recycled synthetic insulation and fabric.* https://www.primaloft.com/bio/
- Recycled FibersMore than 50% of synthetic fibers in this product is recycled.
- Oeko-Tex Certified FabricOeko-Tex® is a worldwide independent test- and certification system. They ensure that use of chemicals is aligned or exceeds national and international rules and standards.
- PFC Free DWRThe repellent used on this product is free of fluor carbons. (DWR = Durable Water Repellent)
- Bluesign Certified FabricBluesign® tests and educates textile factories to eliminate harmful substances from the production process and defines control standards for a sustainable and safe production.
- Open Factory ListThis product is made in a factory which is listed on Norrona.com.
- Factory InspectedThis product is produced in a factory which is inspected by an independent third part and followed up by Norrøna.