Booking Policy and FAQ
- You are required to read and fill out the document linked above prior to booking a trip with us. Please read it carefully.
- Private guiding and custom trips can be arranged by email or phone.
- Backcountry travel and adventure sports carry a degree of risk, each participant must complete a liability waiver. This waiver is sent to participants upon booking and must be completed online before the trip date.
- Arctos Guides reserves the right to adjust or cancel the itinerary to any trip due to poor conditions, inadequate participant enrollment, loss of guide, or other reasons without penalty to Arctos Guides. For this reason, we highly recommend appropriate insurance (See Trip Cancelation Insurance).
- Arctos Guides does not accept responsibility for costs incurred by persons or entities associated with the change or prolongation of any trips.
Unless otherwise indicated, all prices listed on our website are in Canadian Dollars. All prices are subject to an additional 5% Federal Goods and Services Tax (GST) which will be applied to your booking at checkout. We accept cash, email transfer and credit card for payment. Cheque is only accepted 30 days prior to trip commencement.
When making a booking
Greater than 14 days from start date
- 40% deposit is required to secure your guides and or trip. Remaining trip cost is due 14 days
Less than 14 days from start date
- Trip cost must be paid in full
Longer and more involved trips may involve additional fees. Transportation, accommodation, ski passes, and food are not included in the trip cost unless specifically stated on trip page. Catering may be added upon request to any trip at additional cost.
Greater than 30 days from start date:
40% of the deposit will be refunded.
30 to 14 days prior to trip commencement:
Deposit amount will be forfeited.
Less than 14 days:
Full trip amount will be forfeited.
- Cancelations must be submitted in writing by email, and will only be recognized once received by Arctos Guides.
- For larger trips where Arctos Guides is contracting third party companies such as huts, helicopter, and transportation, associated costs will be forfeited based on the respective cancelation policy of each third party.
- If Arctos Guides cancels a trip for any reason prior to the start date, a credit for the trip’s value, valid for two years will be issued. If Arctos Guides is forced to cancel a trip for any reason after the trip start date, a credit for the unused portion of the trip’s value, valid for two years will be issued. provided.
Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Upon confirmation of your trip, Arctos Guides enters into financial obligation and can’t refund payment or release you from your contractual obligation except for conditions stated above in “Cancellations.” In an effort to avoid unnecessary cancellation penalties, cancellation insurance is strongly recommended in the event you cannot participate or if your trip is interrupted “for any reason”. We recommend TuGo for trip cancelation and medical insurance while traveling within Canada.
- Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding our policy or obtaining insurance.
Weather and Conditions Policy
- Weather and conditions are unpredictable year-round dictate how we plan and execute each trip. In the event conditions are not appropriate complete a specific objective in your trip plan, we will have a contingency plan for an alternative objective. If your trip is affected by weather, you will be contacted as soon as possible.
- We do our best to provide the best experience possible. It is not feasible to issue refunds whenever a client is dissatisfied with the weather. If you have a specific objective in mind, you should understand that while we will do everything in our power to make this happen, your safety will be our priority and an alternate route/plan may be necessary.
Emergency Evacuation Insurance
- All participants must have personal internationally accepted medical insurance for all activities pertaining to your trip including emergency rescue and evacuation. With your insurance please ensure you will be covered for “roped travel” if booking a technical trip.
- Canada – Rescue insurance is not required
- USA – Required
- Argentina- Required
- Chile- Required
- All minors (under than age of 18) participating in courses and trips must have a waiver signed by a legal parent or guardian. Minors must be accompanied by a legal parent or guardian on all backcountry courses/trips.