The Kokanee Glacier Traverse is an incredible way to explore the Kokanee Glacier Provincial Park. There are numerous points of access to the park that allow groups to start the traverse. Generally, we do the traverse in a South to North fashion.
The Kokanee Range is one of the local Kootenay gems and the beauty of this traverse is that it can be completed without the use of a helicopter. Depending upon the year, we use access from either the southwest of the southeast to start the trip.
Depending on the group this traverse can be done in various amounts of time—a fast group can do it in an overnight with good travel conditions. Generally, we allow for four to five days to complete the traverse in order to allow guests to absorb the beauty of their surroundings.
Traversing the entire Kokanee Glacier Provincial Park is an incredible journey through the wilderness of Southern BC. The final day of the trip is spent climbing up to the shoulder of Mt Carlyle and skiing out Carpenter Creek.
We offer this trip as a custom trip for groups of three to four clients. If you’re interested in this trip, please contact us 👇
Check out our basecamp and traverse offerings here.
- Pre-trip support
- ACMG certified guides
- Cooking equipment
- Breakfast/ Dinner
- Group safety equipment (communication device, rescue kit, first aid supplies, GPS, maps)
Not included in price:
- Individual lunches, snacks
- GST 5% tax
- Personal ski touring boots, skis, skins or splitboard
- Personal avalanche safety equipment
- Transportation to meeting location
- Additional charges to due changes in itinerary or group size
- Trip cancellation, travel insurance, medical insurance