Music. Culture. Endless Pow.
Nelson backcountry skiing and splitboarding is some of the best British Columbia has to offer. This bustling town is home to the Whitewater Ski Resort and countless restaurants, bars and Kootenay Coldsmoke Powder. We offer guided trips in the Whitewater slack-country and at Kootenay Pass. Nelson, British Columbia, the queen city of the Kootenays. This bustling town is home to the Whitewater Ski Resort and countless restaurants, bars and Kootenay Coldsmoke Powder. We offer guided trips in the Whitewater slack-country and at Kootenay Pass.
Jump into one of our Whitewater backcountry tours! We offer group tours and private tours all season long.
Group tours are a maximum of 6:1 ratio (guest to guide) and require a minimum of 3 for the group to run.
A typical day.
Backcountry skiing in Nelson, BC.
- Book a day. Our tours run seven days a week all season long.
- Tell us about yourself. Describe your ski/split-boarding ability and your backcountry experience – We strive to match our guests with other guest of similar levels of experience and riding ability.
- Gear Check – You will need ski our split-touring equipment, avalanche safety gear (shovel, probe, transceiver), lunch and something to drink.
- Meet us 8:00 am sharp at the guest services window at the Resort (If it is a private booking, you set the time. )
- A full day of backcountry touring, three to five runs, 1000m-unlimited ascent.
What to expect.
- Trip Length: one day-custom
- Vertical: 1000m – unlimited. Three to five runs.
- Terrain: Below treeline to alpine, open slopes, glades, chutes, pillows, powder.
- Season: Early December – early April
- Max. Guest to Guide Ratio: 6:1
- Classic Descents: Ymir Bench, Acidophilis, Five Mile, First Choice
- Certified Guides: ACMG or IFMGA certified guides who are expert riders. Our guides have extensive local knowledge of the terrain and snowpack. They are stoked to show you a fun, safe day in the mountains.
- Cost: Starting at $200per person
Something for everyone.
We cater to all levels of backcountry travellers, whether your looking to get into the sport or have been doing it for decades, we’ve got you covered. Ask about our custom trips.
Our daily backcountry group tours are for skiers and split-boarders who have previous backcountry experience, know the tools and are primed for a full day in the backcountry. We require guests to be at least an intermediate skier who is comfortable riding powder snow and be able to move through mountainous terrain.
- Intermediate to Expert Downhill Ski/ Split-board Ability
- Moderate to Super Fitness
- Previous Backcountry Skiing/Split-board Experience Required
- For gear rentals, check out The Sacred Ride on Baker Street in Nelson
Flexible rates depending on group size.
Rates are per person per day. Ratios are 6 guests to one guide or better. If you desire a specialized experience with attention to specific details, we are happy to provide it for you.
- One Guest$ 500
- Two guests$ 295 ea
- Three guests$ 200 ea
- Four guests$ 200 ea
- Five guests$ 200 ea
- Six guests$ 200 ea
- Private Booking$500 - $1200
8943 Springer Creek Rd
Slocan, BC V0G 2C0