Music. Culture. Endless Pow.
Nelson, British Columbia, the queen city of the Kootenays. This bustling town is home to the Whitewater Ski Resort and countless restaurants, bars and Kootenay Coldsmoke Powder. We offer guided trips in the Whitewater slack-country and at Kootenay Pass. Nelson, British Columbia, the queen city of the Kootenays. This bustling town is home to the Whitewater Ski Resort and countless restaurants, bars and Kootenay Coldsmoke Powder. We offer guided trips in the Whitewater slack-country and at Kootenay Pass.
Jump into one of our Whitewater backcountry tours! We offer group tours and private tours all season long.
Group tours are a maximum of 6:1 ratio (guest to guide) and require a minimum of 3 for the group to run.
A typical day.
It all starts with you.
- Book a day. Our tours run seven days a week all season long.
- Tell us about yourself. Describe your ski/split-boarding ability and your backcountry experience – We strive to match our guests with other guest of similar levels of experience and riding ability.
- Gear Check – You will need ski our split-touring equipment, avalanche safety gear (shovel, probe, transceiver), lunch and something to drink.
- Meet us 8:00 am sharp at the guest services window at the Resort (If it is a private booking, you set the time. )
- A full day of backcountry touring, three to five runs, 1000m-unlimited ascent.
What to expect.
Certified Guides: ACMG or IFMGA guides These guides are expert riders and have local knowledge of the terrain and snowpack and boundless stoke to show you a fun, safe day in the mountains.
Trip Length: one day
Vertical: 1000m – unlimited. Three to five runs.
Terrain: Below treeline to alpine, open slopes, glades, chutes, pillows, powder.
Season: Early December – early April
Max. Guest to Guide Ratio: 6:1
Classic Descents: Ymir Bench, Acidophilis, Five Mile, First Choice
Cost: Starting at $200per person
Touring for powder ready backcountry riders.
Our daily backcountry tours are for skiers and split-boarders who have previous backcountry experience, know the tools and are primed for a full day in the backcountry. We require guests to be at least an intermediate skier who is comfortable riding powder snow and be able to move through mountainous terrain.
- Intermediate to Expert Downhill Ski/ Split-board Ability
- Moderate to Super Fitness
- Previous Backcountry Skiing/Split-board Experience Required
Flexible rates depending on group size.
Rates are per person per day. Ratios are 6 guests to one guide or better. If you desire a specialized experience with attention to specific details, we are happy to provide it for you.
- One Guest$ 500
- Two guests$ 295 ea
- Three guests$ 200 ea
- Four guests$ 200 ea
- Five guests$ 200 ea
- Six guests$ 200 ea
- Private Booking$500 - $1200