An Epic Adventure
Ride South America .
Explore South America and enjoy incredible backcountry skiing and splitboarding with us!
Chile Volcano Tours
Experience backcountry skiing and splitboarding in South America with an ACMG certified guide
The Southern Andes are prime for backcountry skiing and splitboarding in Chile’s Araucania region . A blend of epic backcountry tours, small towns, national parks, volcanos and aguas termales (hot springs) and comfortable accommodations make this tour an incredible adventure.
- Dates September 21-30, 2023
- Trip length- Ten days
- Volcanoes: Lonquimay, Sierra Nevada, Llaima, Villarrica and Quetrupillan
- Day 1 Arrive in Temuco. Your guide will meet you at the airport. Enjoy a two and a half hour drive through lush Chilean farm lands and into the mountains. Check into accommodations and welcome dinner.
- Days 2-5: Base out of Malalcahuello and ride volcanoes Lonquimay, Sierra Nevada and Llaima.
- Enjoy hot springs and local Chilean cuisine in Malacahuello
- Day 6: Transfer to Pucón
- Days 7-9: From Pucón, we’ll climb and ride volcanoes Villarrica and Quetrupillan.
- Explore Pucón, aguas termales y comidas
- Day 10 transfer to Temuco
Price $ 4100USD + 5%Tax
-Exclusive small group size
-Four guests to one guide
-Lodging-We stay at locally run establishments that are clean, comfortable and distinctly Chilean. Accommodations are based on double occupancy, if you’d like private accommodations, we can arrange that for you for an additional fee.
-Breakfast, dinner (Touring food is quiet personal, so we leave this up to you.)
-Transportation (4×4 vehicle)
-One visit to local hot springs. (More hot spring trips can be arranged at an additional cost.)
-Tailgate après when appropriate—it’s always nice to enjoy a cold beverage after a long day in the mountains.
While this is a backcountry ski and splitboard adventure, we make sure you get to enjoy Chilean food and culture. We explore local cuisine, while properly fuelling you for big days in the mountains. For the backcountry enthusiast who likes to travel, backcountry skiing in Chile is an incredible adventure.
Patagonia Backcountry Hut to Hut Traverse
Refugio Frey Hut
Backcountry skiing Patagonia
Drop into a week-long ski mountaineering and backcountry ski touring adventure in Patagonia, Argentina. A professional guide will take you hut to hut deep in the Patagonia backcounty to seek out steep chutes and powder. Explore the granite peaks and spectacular landscape of Bariloche and northern Patagonia by ski (or splitboard) day, and stay in mountain backcountry refugios by night.
There’s potential for big days in the mountains followed by quality food at the refugios like—pasta, fondue, pizza and local vino tinto. After finishing seven days of hut to hut ski touring and splitboarding in Bariloche, you can check out some of Argentina’s best nightlife in downtown Bariloche.
This eight day adventure includes:
- ACMG certified guides
- private ground transportation
- Cerro Catedral lift ticket
- all trip logistics
- Avalanche safety briefing
- Shared hut accommodations (sleeping bag required)
- Hotel with private rooms Bariloche (double occupancy) private rooms are available for a $400 upgrade
- Daily breakfast, lunch, dinner at the refugios
- Two Argentine dinners in Bariloche
- Argentine Malbec vino tinto
Price and dates
September 1-8, 10-17, 2023